Sunday, August 9, 2009

09 August, 2009 New Job, New Car


Its been a while. Guyana proved to be a bittersweet trip: lots of goodbyes interspersed with frenetic activity. Moving 6.5 years worth of accumulated matter into a 20' container over one weekend was probably a bit ambitious. Nonetheless, some 36 hours after waking on Monday I finally had the chance to throw my head back and get some sleep as the Boeing 777 made its way across the Atlantic.

Things are exciting here, moving to a new house on Friday, starting new job two weeks Monday. Yesterday I bought a second hand car, somewhat nerve ranking spending so much money. I guess after a house its the biggest purchase most household's make. I got completely lost driving back from Kingston, for some bizarre reason I thought Sutton was closer to London than it is and thus routed south around it. Bad move - it turned out Sutton lies smack bang between MostpurPark and South Croydon. Finally, in desperation I spotted a sign to Epsom. At least I knew the way from there from my B&W days. Looking at the map I realised I probably drove four times longer than I needed to! Maria's delight at seeing the car made up for the frustration caused by the unplanned detour.


No comments:

Post a Comment