Monday, January 3, 2011

The Trouble with Facebook

Its been almost a year and a half since my last post. Why?

Despite having a full time job (which involves sending at least a couple of dozen emails a day) and three kids which leaves me little inclination to type anything further each day, and little time to do so, respectively, I have found the vast majority of things that I want to share with people will be more likely to reach them if I share them with Facebook rather than on this blog.

So I am more inclined to post something on Facebook than here. So much so that I haven't posted anything here for a long time. Why is that a problem?

Because as well as the frivolous stuff I occasionally think of something which I think deserves expounding on:
  • Is Apple's dominance of the high end mobile market unhealthy?
  • Is the West exploiting the cheap labor market of the developing world or is such trade a vital way for these countries to lift themselves out of poverty?
  • Is there an asymptotic limit to which GDP per capita can grow?
  • Should there be greater incentives for preserving standing forests rather than reforestation?
  • Is there an optimum balance for the allocation of resources betweenthe free market and the state?
However Facebook is not the place for these discussions. I'd say watch this space but may be being overly optimistic.


1 comment:

  1. I'd particularly like to hear your thoughts on the second two of those matters! You know what I think (possibly erroneously ...). Probably best done over a pint!

    ReplyDelete