Sunday, June 21, 2009

Judgement Day is coming, the answering service is calling back

Not less than a couple of hours after I touched down at Gatwick aiport the phone rang. "Must be my Mum" I thought. Imagine my shock when the answering service starts up at the other end. That's right, no longer do companies have the decency to get someone to call you to sell you something, now they just get a machine to do it. At least I hope so, else the answering services have become self-aware and they will soon take over the internet and then the world judgement day style.

What I can't understand though, is how they can have got a wrong number. No I am not Mr James, and no I have never had an account with Nothern Rock (nor has any one else who has ever lived in this property AFAIK). So why on earth does this machine keep calling up?

Answers on a postcard. (Or use the comments section if you prefer.)


No comments:

Post a Comment